If you are the adventurous type who enjoy every moments of the life and want to capture memories in pictures with great underwater shots then don’t mind getting wet, gritty, dusty, and dirty during your holidays and tours. These waterproof, dust-proof, ruggedized, digital cameras are the perfect companion for your every holiday season. Whether you like to surf, dive, ski or mountain bike, these rugged cameras are waterproof, freeze-proof shockproof, and dust-proof devices. You can use them in extreme cold, anywhere underwater from 10 to over 80 feet deep, and in many cases can be dropped without being damaged during the most zealous outdoor enthusiasts.
Although, you won’t get the same quality that you will get with an SLR camera, but these cameras comes with outstanding durability features. These ruggedized waterproof compact cameras allow you to take photographs in places that you wouldn’t dare use a normal camera. Here are some of the best waterproof and rugged digital cameras.
Panasonic Lumix TS5
Panasonic Lumix TS5 is best all-around waterproof camera. Designed for active outdoor and underwater use, Panasonic TS5 also offer Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity so you can upload and share your shots directly from the camera. Panasonic Lumix TS5 is one of the best rugged, waterproof camera for the fun lovers. Its photo and video quality under a variety of conditions both above and below water is excellent. Built-in GPS, plus a compass, altimeter and barometer to record altitude, barometric pressure and orientation make Lumix TS5 an appeal for adventure-bound photographers. The Lumix TS5’s auto mode is smart enough to adapt to a wide range of conditions because you don’t have time to adjust manual settings on the fly when you’re out mountain biking or diving underwater. This beautiful camera comes in blue, orange, black, and silver color options.
- 16.1MP 1/2.33-inch High Sensitivity MOS sensor
- 4.6x optical zoom (28-128mm equivalent)
- 1080p HD video in AVCHD format
- LED light for low-light video recording
- 3-inch 460k dot resolution LCD monitor
- ISO range 100-6400
- Macro focusing down to about 3 inches
Canon PowerShot D30
If you’re going to be spending all your time in the water, this is the world’s deepest waterproof camera, down to 82 feet—the deepest of any compact digital camera for excellent scuba and snorkeling flexibility. It takes excellent underwater photos and video. Canon PowerShot D30 is shockproof to 6.5 feet, and temperature-resistant from 14 degrees to 104 degrees Fahrenheit. Other features include Movie Digest, which records a movie clip every time you shoot a still, then combines a day’s worth into a single video. The PowerShot D30 comes with built-in GPS, a Sunlight LCD mode so you can see what’s going on, and a top ISO of 3200. The GPS tracker records the location and time of all the images and videos you capture, and the new Sunlight LCD mode makes it easy to see the monitor even on bright, sunny days.
- 12.1 Megapixel, 1/2.3-inch CMOS
- 5x Optical, 4x Digital and 20x Combined Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer
- 3.0-inch TFT Color LCD monitor with wide-viewing angle
- 1080p Full HD video recording with a dedicated movie button
- Excellent low-light performance with the Canon DIGIC 4 Image Processor
- Waterproof up to 82 ft. below sea level, shockproof to 6.5 feet, and temperature-resistant from 14 degrees to 104 degrees Fahrenheit
Nikon 1 AW1
Meet the world’s first waterproof, shockproof, interchangeable lens camera. The Nikon 1 AW1 is the first interchangeable-lens compact digital camera that can not only be dunked, it can be used in dives under water down to 49 feet. It is also freeze-proof, shockproof and dust-proof. If you love to shoot like professionals and looking for a waterproof digital camera with interchangeable-lens, then Nikon 1 AW1 is for you. The AW1 lets you share images on iOS and Android devices and is also Wi-Fi compatible using a WU-1b Wireless Mobile Adapter. It is compatible with all Nikon 1 lenses and two waterproof and shockproof lenses.
- 14.2 megapixel 1-inch CMOS image sensor
- 3-inch TFT-LCD monitor with brightness adjustment
- Full 1080p HD video with simultaneous image capture capability
- High-speed continuous shooting at 15 fps with full autofocus and up to 60 fps fixed focus
- Compatible with all Nikon 1 lenses
- Waterproof up to 49 feet, shockproof, freeze-proof, dust-proof
Nikon Coolpix AW110
Nikon Coolpix AW110 can handle underwater excursions as deep as 18 meters (59 feet), shockproof up to 2 meters and freeze-proof to -10°C to capture your extreme moments. It comes with built-in Wi-Fi to share amazing photos in an instant, built-in GPS to records the location of each shot you take and also equipped with compass, altimeter and barometer to keep you posted with height and depth data. Nikon coolpix records videos in Full 1080p HD with stereo sound.
- 16 Megapixel, 1/2.3-inch CMOS
- NIKKOR lens with 5x optical zoom, 4x Digital Zoom
- 3 inch OLED Monitor with Anti-reflection Coating
- Full 1080p HD video recording with stereo sound
- f/3.9 – f/4.8 Aperture, 35 mm Equivalent Focal Length: 28 – 140 mm
- Waterproof up to 59 ft. (18 meter) below sea level, shockproof to 6.5 feet, freeze-proof to to -10°C
Olympus Stylus TG-2 iHS
Olympus TG-2 iHS is seriously tough digital camera for adventure guys. It comes with well-sealed, double locked access points and an exceptionally rugged casing that’s make it waterproof down to deep 15m. TG-2 iHS excels in producing rich colors with accurate exposure and contrast. It packs a high-Speed, Ultra-Bright f2.0 Lens. It packs plenty of features too, like GPS, a nifty super-macro mode, e.Compass, Manometer, Automatic Underwater Balance, Magic Art Filters etc. Olympus TG-2 is a good balance of features, image quality and toughness.
- 12 Megapixel – CMOS 1/2.3 with high-Speed, Ultra-Bright f2.0 Lens
- 4x Optical Zoom + 4x Digital Zoom
- 3-inch 610K Dots OLED monitor
- f2.0 (W) – 4.9 (T) aperture range
- Face Detect AF, AF Lock, AF Tracking
- Dual Image Stabilization
- 1080p HD video recording
- Waterproof 15m/50ft; Shockproof 2.1m/6.9ft; Crush-proof 100kgf/220lbf; Freeze-proof -10C/14F; Dust-proof, Water repellent Lens
Another ruggedized digital camera from Fujifilm – XP200 with underwater and cold-weather tolerances and sealing it against dust and drops. XP200 has a lot in common with the Nikon AW110, features a similar knob and locking button arrangement to seal its battery card compartment without resorting to fiddly clips. Fujifilm XP200 packs a rubberised back panel and grippy, ribbed edges, controls are also large and the screen exceptionally crisp and bright. It is also packed with Wireless Image Transfer, which lets you brows images on the camera via your smart phone or tablet.
- 16 Megapixel, 1/2.3-inch CMOS image sensor
- 3.0-inch LCD display (920k dot)
- Fujinon 5x optical zoom lens
- Full HD movie 1080P
- MPO-format 3D shooting, and motion panorama 360
- Waterproof to 50 ft., Shockproof to 6.6 ft., Freeze proof to 14F and Dustproof
Nikon Coolpix AW120
Nikon Coolpix AW120 is the waterproof, freezeproof and shockproof, built as rugged as you are. Take it diving to depths of up to 59-feet. Shoot at temperatures as cold as 14° F. And don’t sweat drops of up to 6.6 feet. The COOLPIX AW120 captures your extreme moments as mind-blowing photos, Full HD 1080p videos with stereo sound and ultra-smooth slow motion sequences. It comes with built-in Wi-Fi for instant sharing and a full-featured GPS with mapping. The Coolpix AW120 is ideally suited for both still and video action photography in extreme situations in snow, surf, and under the sea.
- 16.1 Megapixel, 1/2.3-in. type CMOS sensor
- NIKKOR lens with 5x optical zoom
- 3-inch 921k-dot, OLED monitor
- Full HD 1080p videos with stereo sound for dazzling movies
- Built-in Wi-Fi, built-in GPS, mapping, Electronic Compass and Points of Interest (POI)
- Waterproof up to 59-feet, freezeproof as cold as 14° F, shockproof up to 6.6 feet
Ricoh Pentax WG-4 GPS
Ricoh WG-4 GPS features the easy-to-hold, non-slip design and offers outstanding waterproof performance – down to 45 feet underwater-and shock resistance against a fall from heights up to 6.5 feet. Its high-sensitivity, back-illuminated CMOS image sensor delivers high-quality, low-noise images – even in the water, at night and at indoor sports events where the subject is poorly illuminated. The WG-4 GPS also offers full HD movie recording (1920 x 1080 pixels).
- 16 Megapixel, 1/2.3 inch back-illuminated CMOS image sensor
- 3.0-inch wide-TFT color LCD
- 4x wide-angle optical zoom
- Full HD movie recording (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- Built-in GPS, built-in digital compass, pressure/altitude/water depth gauge
- Waterproof up to 45 feet, shockproof up to 6.5 feet, Cold-resistant freezeproof to 14 degrees F (minus 10 degrees C), Crushproof to 100kg
Sony Cyber-Shot DCS-TX30
Sony Cyber-Shot TX30 digital camera provides what you need during your adventure tour. It is waterproof, shockproof, freeze and dustproof to live the every moment of your enjoyment. Its advanced automatic modes do a great job of capturing decent shots without your help. TX30 is big on image quality, with good detail and dynamic range.
- 18.2 Megapixel with 1/2.3″ Exmor R CMOS sensor
- 3.3-inch Xtra Fine OLED (1,229K dots)
- 5x optical zoom
- Image stabilization reduces blur
- 1080p HD video recording
- Waterproof 10 meter (33 feet), shockproof 1.5 meter, freezeproof, dustproof
Canon PowerShot D20
Canon PowerShot D20 is rough and ready for your adventures with advanced camera technologies. It comes with a selection of underwater shooting options to make aquatic photo capturing a stress-free experience. The PowerShot D20 digital camera is waterproof to 33 feet, temperature-resistant from 14°F to 104°F, shockproof up to 5.0 feet, and equipped with a GPS tracker. The PowerShot D20 12.1MP Outdoor Camera can handle it all.
- 12.1 MP Canon HS SYSTEM, 1/2.3-inch high-sensitivity CMOS sensor
- 3-inch TFT PureColor system LCD
- 5x optical zoom, 4x digital zoom and 20x combined zoom with optical image stabilizer
- Full 1080p HD video with dedicated movie button
- GPS tracker to record image locations on a map via Canon’s software (does not work under water)
- Waterproof to 33 feet, temperature resistant from 14-104 degrees Fahrenheit and shockproof up to 5 feet