Normally I use Mozilla Firefox browser but Google Chrome browser is also installed on my laptop. I run it occasionally. Few days before, I noticed frequent Facebook notifications in the lower right corner of my screen. These notifications are quite frequent and very annoying. I tried to turn off these notifications from facebook but no luck. I thought, it’s an operating system problem and tried to turn off using Action Center but again no luck.
After some research, I found that these notifications can be turned off by adjusting Google Chrome’s settings. If you are facing the same problem, please follow below steps-
- Open Chrome Web Browser.
- Click the ‘settings menu’ (three bars) in the upper right corner. Choose ‘Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
- At the bottom of the screen, click ‘Show advanced settings’…
- Under ‘Privacy’ section click on ‘Content settings’…
- A pop-up window will appear. Under ‘Notifications’, choose ‘Do not allow any site to show desktop notifications’ if you want to block all notifications.
- But if you want to block notifications of a specific website, click ‘Manage exceptions’…and find the site you want to block.
- Click the site to select it, and choose ‘Block’ from the drop-down menu under the Behavior column.
- Click ‘Done’ and save the settings.
You are good, now will not get the Google Chrome desktop notifications for that site.
Hope you like this article, please keep us posted in comment section.