Vivo has launched company’s latest selfie-focused smartphone – Vivo V5 – in India. The highlight feature of the Vivo V5 is it’s 20-megapixel selfie camera with Sony IMX376 1/2.78″ sensor, f/2.0 aperture and 5p lens. The selfie camera also have a front facing ‘Moonlight Glow’ flash meant to improve low-light photography that lights up the picture irrespective of the lighting conditions. It’s Face Beauty Mode 6.0 makes you look radiant and flawless in the most natural manner. The Vivo V5 has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash.
On the other specifications front, the Vivo V5 sports a unibody metal design with 5.5-inch HD display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass protection. It is powered by a 1.5GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750 64-bit processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The smartphone comes with 32GB of internal storage that’s expandable via microSD card (up to 128GB). It supports dual-SIM cards (hybrid dual-SIM configuration) with 4G connectivity option. The phone runs Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with Funtouch OS 2.6 and is powered by a 3000mAh battery.
The Vivo V5 also features a water-resistant fingerprint sensor embedded below the home button to unlock the phone in just 0.2 seconds. For best audio performance it comes with Hi-Fi audio chip support for better noise cancellation. Apart from all this, the V5 has Smart Split 2.0 feature that lets users use two apps side-by-side, an eye protection mode that filters out blue light to protect your vision and prevent eye strain.
Vivo V5 specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Processor: Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750 (4 x 1.5GHz A53 + 4 x 1.0GHz A53) 64-bit processor with Mali T860 GPU
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- Operating System: Funtouch OS 2.6 based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Rear Camera: 13MP camera with LED Flash, PDAF
- Front Camera: 20MP camera with Moonlight Flash, Sony IMX376 1/2.78″ sensor, f/2.0 aperture and 5p lens
- Sensors: Fingerprint sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient Light sensor, Proximity sensor, Digital Compass
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB OTG
- Audio support: 3.5mm audio jack, AK4376 audio chip
- Dimensions: 153.8 x 75.5 x 7.55mm
- Weight: 154g
- Battery: 3000mAh battery
- Colors: Crown Gold, Space Gray
Pricing and Availability
The Vivo V5 is priced at Rs. 17,980 and will be available for pre-order from November 16th to 25th and goes on sale from November 26th.
Vivo also unveiled the Vivo V5 Plus with dual front camera at the event, but did not specify when the smartphone will go on sale.