Xiaomi’s first phone for India in 2017, has been launched in India today. Redmi Note 4 sports a metal unibody design with 2.5D curved glass and bears a fingerprint sensor on the rear panel. On the front is a 5.5-inch 1080p IPS LCD. As expected, Xiaomi has not brought the MediaTek Helio X20 deca-core SoC-powered variant to India and has instead chosen to use the Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 MSM8953 octa-core SoC in the country instead, coupled with the Adreno 506 GPU. The dual-SIM (Micro+Nano) Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 runs MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 has been launched in three variants in India – the 2GB RAM/ 32GB inbuilt storage model has been priced at Rs. 9,999, the 3GB RAM/ 32GB storage model has been priced at Rs. 10,999, while the 4GB RAM/ 64GB storage model has been priced at Rs. 12,999. Expandable storage is available on the Redmi Note 4 via a hybrid dual-SIM card configuration, supporting microSD cards (up to 128GB).
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4’s rear camera bears a 13-megapixel CMOS sensor equipped with PDAF (phase detection autofocus), an f/2.0 aperture, 77-degree wide angle lens, and dual-tone LED flash. The front camera sports a 5-megapixel CMOS sensor, coupled with an 85-degree wide angle lens. Xiaomi claims a 25% increase in battery life over the Redmi Note 3, coupled with the slightly larger 4100mAh battery (but still no fast charging).
The Redmi Note 4 has dual speakers at the bottom, instead of speakers at the back similar to the older phone. As for connectivity, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 offers 4G with VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/g/b/n, Bluetooth v4.1, GPS, Micro-USB, and Infrared. Sensors on board include an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, electronic compass, and proximity sensor.
2017 Redmi Note 4 Product Launch Event (Livestream)
Xiaomi says it is testing Android Nougat 7.0 with the device as well, and the beta version of this will be ready to download for those who are interested, once the phone goes on sale. Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 smartphone measures 151x76x8.35mm, and weighs 175 grams.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display, up to 72% NTSC color gamut, 1000:1 contrast ratio
- Processor: 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- RAM & Storage: 2GB / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage (eMMC 5.0) / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage (eMMC 5.0), expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Operating System: MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- SIM Slot: Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- Rear Camera: 13MP rear camera with PDAF, Sony IMX258/Samsung S5K3L8 sensor, dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture
- Front Camera: 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 85-degree wide-angle lens
- Sensors: Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, electronic compass, and proximity sensor
- Connectivity Options: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- Dimensions: 151x76x8.35mm
- Weight: 175g
- Battery: 4000mAh (minimum) / 4100mAh (typical) battery
- Color Options: Gold and Dark Gray color (Matte Black color version -coming soon)
Price And Availability
Redmi Note 4 comes in three variants-
2GB RAM/ 32GB Storage – Rs 9,999 (approx. $146)
3GB RAM/32GB Storage – Rs 10,999 (approx. $161)
4GB RAM/64GB Storage – Rs 12,999 (approx. $190)
The Redmi Note 4 will be available exclusively on Flipkart starting January 23 on open sales.