Xiaomi has announced it’s latest flagship smartphone – Mi 5S at an event in China. The Xiaomi Mi 5S is the successor to the Mi 5 that was launched earlier this year. The Mi 5S sports an all metal body with a curved back and comes in two different storage variants – 3GB RAM with 64GB storage variant and the 4GB RAM with 128GB internal storage variant. The handset comes in four color options – Dark Gray, Silver, Gold and Rose Gold, the Rose Gold and Silver color variants come with a frosted matte finish on the back.
The Xiaomi Mi 5S has a 5.15-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) curved glass display. The phone is powered by a Quad-Core Snadpragon 821 processor clocked at 2.15GHz. It features a 12-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash and a 4-megapixel front-facing camera. The Mi 5S runs on Android 6.0 marshmallow with MIUI 8 on top of it and packs inside a 3200mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 technology. It also comes with an ultrasonic fingerprint sensor embedded on the home button with the Qualcomm Snapdragon Sense ID fingerprint technology. The Mi 5S also supports dual-SIM (nano + nano) functionality.
Xiaomi Mi 5S specifications
- Display: 5.15-inch Full HD (1920×1080 pixels) curved glass display
- Processor: 2.15GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- Memory: 3GB RAM with 64GB internal storage / 4GB RAM with 128GB internal storage
- Operating System: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- Rear Camera: 12MP camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, Sony IMX378 1/2.3-inch sensor, 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 4MP camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Sensor: Ultrasonic fingerprint scanner with Qualcomm Snapdragon Sense ID fingerprint technology
- Dimensions:145.6x 70.3x 8.25 mm
- Weight: 145 g
- Battery: 3200mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Colors: Dark Gray, Silver, Gold and Rose Gold
Pricing and Availability
The Xiaomi Mi 5S costs 1999 yuan (US$ 300/ Rs. 20,000 approx.) for the 3GB RAM with 64GB variant and is priced at 2299 yuan (US$ 345 / Rs. 23,000 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 128GB variant. The smartphone will go on sale starting from September 29th in China. There is no words on global launch and pricing details for other markets from the company yet.