Xiaomi has announced it’s latest flagship smartphone Mi 6 at an event in China. If we go by the quick specs, the all new Mi 6 smartphone comes with the new Snapdragon 835 processor, 6GB of RAM, dual-rear cameras, and four-sided 3D glass design at a mid-range price tag. Xiaomi Mi 6 has a stainless steel frame with 3D curved glass on four sides and two stereo speakers, one embedded into the earpiece and the other on the bottom. It also has latest Bluetooth 5.0 technology and dual-SIM support (4G + 4G/ 3G/ 2G).
Xiaomi Mi 6 features a 5.15-inch full-HD (1080×1920 pixel) resolution display with maximum brightness up to 600 nits. It also comes with reading mode that cancels blue light and brightness can be reduced automatically down to as low as 1 nit to reduce eye-strain. The smartphone powered by the latest octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor clocked at 2.45GHz coupled with 6GB of RAM. It also has an under-glass ultrasonic fingerprint sensor at the front. The phone runs Android 7.1.1 Nougat with MIUI 8 on top. It packs a 3350mAh battery.
The Mi 6 features a dual camera setup at the back. it packs dual 12-megapixel rear cameras, one with wide-angle lens and other one with telephoto lens for 2x lossless zoom. for 2x lossless zoom. Other camera features include four-axis optical image stabilization (OIS), phase-detection autofocus, portrait mode, similar to the iPhone 7 Plus for blurring background objects and more. It also features a 8-megapixel front camera with 1080p video capture at 30fps, slo-mo videos.
Price and Availability
The Xiaomi Mi 6 is priced at 2499 yuan (approx. US$ 360 / Rs. 23,500) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB internal storage version, 2899 yuan (approx. US$ 420 / Rs. 27,200) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version. Along with these two regular versions, Xiaomi has also announced a Silver Edition with reflective mirror finish Stainless steel frame as well as Ceramic version with 18K gold-plated camera rims at the back. It is priced at 2999 yuan (approx. US$ 430 / Rs. 28,100) for 6GB RAM with 128GB storage. The phones will go on sale in China starting from April 28.
The regular color options available for the Mi 6 smartphones are Bright Blue, Bright Black and White.
Xiaomi Mi 6 specifications
- Display: 5.15-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD display
- Processor: 2.45GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 64-bit processor with Adreno 540 GPU
- Memory: 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS) internal storage
- Operating System: Android 7.1.1 Nougat with MIUI 8
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Durability: Splash resistant
- Rear Camera: 12MP primary camera with 1.25μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording, secondary 12MP camera with 1.0 μm pixel size, 52mm portrait lens, f/2.6 aperture
- Front camera: 8MP camera with 1080p video capture at 30fps, slo-mo videos
- Sensors: Ultrasonic Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Audio: Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 145.17x 70.49×7.45 mm
- Weight: 168g / 182g (ceramic)
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3350mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, 18W fast charging