Xiaomi has launched its Mi Max phablet in India along with the latest MIUI 8. The device comes in a choice of Snapdragon 650 or Snapdragon 652 variants with 3/32GB and 4/128GB memory and storage configurations, respectively. The Mi Max Phablet will be available at a entry level price tag startting at INR 14,999/-.
- Display: 6.44-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display with 1000 : 1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Dimensions: 173.1×88.3×7.5mm; Weight: 203g
- Processor: Hexa-Core Snapdragon 650 / Octa Core Snapdragon 652 processor with Adreno 510 GPU
- Memory: 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB with 128GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Operating System: MIUI 7 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), upgradable to MIUI 8
- SIM Compatibility: Hybrid Dual SIM (micro+nano/microSD)
- Rear Camera: 16MP with dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture
- Front Camera: 5MP with 85-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture
- Connectivity: 4G LTE with VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4 / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- Battery: 4850mAh
The Mi Max has a fingerprint sensor on the back. It has a full metal unibody design and is just 7.5mm thick. It features a hybrid SIM slot that lets you use the second slot as a microSD expansion slot when required provides the flexibility to use two SIM cards simultaneously, or swap out the second SIM for a microSD card.
Price and Availability
The Mi Max will be available in two variants, a Snapdragon 650 variant with 3GB RAM and 32GB storage for INR 14,999 and a Snapdragon 652 variant with 4GB RAM and 128GB storage for INR 19,999. The Xiaomi Mi Max comes in gold, silver and light grey colors. The device will go on sale through mi.com starting from July 6th and registrations for the sale will begin today. The phone will be available through an open sale starting July 13 from Mi.com, Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal, and Paytm.