Xiaomi introduced a new Mi MIX variant in White color option, which will be launched in China later this year. Mi MIX smartphone was announced back in October last year, today company has introduced its White version at CES 2017. It has bezel-less design and features 6.4-inch (2040 x 1080 pixels) full HD screen with whopping 91.3% screen-to-body ratio and ceramic body. Another highlight of the smartphone is the piezoelectric acoustic ceramic earpiece speaker, as well as the ultrasonic proximity sensor rather than the traditional front-facing infrared sensor.
The phone is kitted out with high-end internals in the form of a Snapdragon 821, 4GB of RAM with 128GB /6GB of RAM with 256GB storage, 16MP camera at the back, 5MP front shooter, and a 4400mAh battery. Apart from 4G LTE support, Xiaomi Mi MIX connectivity options include GPS/ A-GPS, NFC with Mi-Pay support, Bluetooth v4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, and a USB Type-C port. The Xiaomi Mi MIX smartphone bears an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, barometer, electronic compass, and gyroscope.
Xiaomi Mi MIX specifications
- Design: Full ceramic body: Ceramic back cover, frame, and side buttons, 8 MoHs hardness. Seamless connectors fuse Mi MIX’s body without any external adhesives, Ultrasonic proximity sensor hidden behind the display
- Display: 6.4-inch (2040 x 1080 pixels) edgeless display with 17: 9 aspect ratio, Ultra-high 91.3% screen-to-body ratio
- Dimensions: 158.8 x 81.9 mm x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 209 g
- Processor: 2.35GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- Memory: 4GB DDR4 RAM with 128GB internal (UFS 2.0) memory / 6GB DDR4 RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.0) internal memory
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Rear Camera: 16MP with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 5MP front-facing camera
- Sensor: Fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE , WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4/5 GHz) MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- Battery: 4400mAh with Quick Charge 3.0
- Colors: White, Black
Price And Availability
When Xiaomi Mi MIX was originally introduced in the black version, it was launched in two variants – 4GB RAM/ 128GB storage priced at CNY 3,499 (roughly Rs. 34,500), and 6GB RAM/ 256GB storage priced at CNY 3,999 (roughly Rs. 39,500). The White Xiaomi Mi MIX will go on sale later this year. Unfortunately, it will not be available in near future in India as Xiaomi already confirmed about this. The company has also not revealed any information about its actual cost of Xiaomi Mi MIX (White version).