Xiaomi has announced it’s latest flagship smartphone in the Note series –Mi Note 2. The Xiaomi Mi Note 2 features seamless 3D curved glass on the front and back houses a flexible OLED display. It has a 5.7-inch 1080p dual curved OLED Full HD display (curved on both sides) with 77.2% screen-to-body ratio. The phone is powered by Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 821 Quad-Core SoC with a max clock speed of 2.35GHz. The Mi Note 2 comes in two storage options – 6GB of LPDDR4 RAM with 128GB of internal storage and 4GB of RAM with 64GB of storage.
Coming to camera setup, the Xiaomi Note 2 has a 22.56MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX318 sensor with a f/2.0 lens. It also has EIS digital stabilization for video capture all the way up to 4K, hybrid PDAF and Xiaomi’s proprietary low-light and long-exposure technologies. For the selfie shooter, it features a 8-megapixel auto focus front-facing camera with Sony IMX258 sensor with additional Xiaomi optimizations, like improved group selfies and Beautify 3.0.
The Mi Note 2 runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and packs inside a bigger 4070 mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 technology. It sports a series 7 aluminium frame body and has a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button. On the connectivity front, offers global LTE support across 6 network types and a total of 37 bands. There is a high-precision GPS module inside and a fully functional NFC module.
Xiaomi Mi Note 2 specifications
- Body: Two-sided dual curves: Front + back 3D curved glass, 7-series aluminum frame
- Display: 5.7-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) OLED 3D dual curved glass flexible display, 77.2% screen-to-body ratio
- Dimensions: 156.2 x 77.3 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 166 grams
- Processor: 2.35GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- Memory: 6GB DDR4 RAM with 128GB internal (UFS 2.0) memory / 4GB DDR4 RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal memory
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Rear Camera: 22.56MP with dual-tone LED Flash, EIS, Sony IMX318 sensor, 6-element lens, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 8MP auto focus camera with f/2.0 aperture, Sony IMX258 sensor, 76-degree field of view
- Sensors: Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE , WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- Battery: 4070mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
- Colors: Piano Black and Glacier Silver
Pricing and Availability
As already mentioned, the Xiaomi Mi Note 2 will come in a couple of different storage varieties – 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version, the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage home market version costs 3299 yuan and the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage international version with global LTE bands (6 types, 37 bands). The pricing detailing for all the variants are as below:
- 4GB + 64GB: RMB 2799 (Approx. US$ 413 / Rs. 27,700)
- 6GB + 128GB home market version: RMB 3299 (Approx. US$ 487 / Rs. 32,550)
- 6GB + 128GB Global version: RMB 3499 (Approx. US$ 516 / Rs. 34,550)
The Xiaomi Mi Note is now available for order in China and goes on sale starting from November 1st.