ZTE has announced company’s new nubia brand smartphone at an event in China – nubia Z17 mini. The nubia Z17 mini packs dual 13-megapixel rear camera setup, one with monochrome lens and the other one with RGB lens. The rear camera is capable of 4K video recording. On the front it has a 16-megapixel selfie camera with 80-degree wide-angle lens.
Coming to the other specifications, ZTE nubia Z17 mini features a 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display. The phone sports a metal unibody design with extremely thin bezels. It is powered by a Octa Core Snapdragon or 653 processor (depending on the memory variant) coupled with 4GB or 6GB of RAM. It come with 64GB of inbuilt storage, which is expandable via a microSD card (up to 200GB).
The nubia Z17 mini comes with Hybrid dual-SIM functionality with support for 4G VoLTE. There is a fingerprint sensor centered just above the Nubia logo. The phone runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS. It packs a 2950mAh battery with fast charge support.
nubia Z17 mini specifications
- Display: 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display
- Processor: Octa Core Snapdragon 652 / 653 processor with Adreno 510 GPU
- Memory: 4GB / 6GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 200GB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Nubia UI 4.0
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- Rear Camera: 13MP (monochrome) + 13MP (RGB) dual cameras with Sony IMX258 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, OIS, 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 16MP camera, f/2.0 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes
- Dimensions: 146.65 × 72.5 × 7.45mm
- Weight: 155g
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 2950mAh battery with fast charging
- Colors: Elegant Black, Black with Gold, Champagne Gold and Red
Price and Availability
The nubia Z17 Mini is priced at CNY 1,699 in China (approx. US$ 250 / INR 16,000) for the 4GB RAM with Snapdragon 652 version, while the 6GB RAM with Snapdragon 653 version costs CNY 1,999 (approx. US$ 290 / 18800). The phone is now available for pre-order in China and goes on sale from April 13th. There is no words on Global pricing and availability of the phone yet.