HTC just launched its flagship U Ultra smartphone in India at an event. This smartphone features 5.7-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2560 pixels while the main highlight of this flagship is – it’s secondary display. This device also comes with 2.0-inch (160 x 1040 pixels) 520 PPI Super LCD 5 secondary display above the main display, which is similar to the LG V20.
The HTC U Ultra is powered by 2.15GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor and it comes with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 2000GB via a microSD card. As far as the cameras are concerned, the HTC U Ultra packs a 12-Ultrapixel primary camera on the rear and a 16-megapixel front shooter for selfies. It has Hybrid dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD) slot.
Another highlight of this smartphone is- it comes with HTC Sense Companion software which is based on AI and it will learn about you and offer intelligent suggestions time to time. It also learns important applications installed in your device, important contacts, and surface related notifications on the second screen. It also indicates that you may run out of power before bedtime. Therefore it also advises you when to charge your device.
Connectivity options include 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 and GPS with GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C. It is powered by a 3000mAh non-removable battery with Quick Charge 3.0. It measures 162.41 x 79.79 x 7.99 (height x width x thickness) and weighs 170.00 grams. Sensors on the phone include Compass Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, and Gyroscope.
Commenting on the launch, Faisal Siddiqui, President-South Asia, HTC said-
“The launch of the HTC ‘U’ series marks the beginning of our several exciting launches in India this year. Our focus is on design, quality, HD adaptive audio and Artificial Intelligence integration for the discerning customer looking for a premium product with a global appeal.”
HTC U Ultra Specifications
- Primary Display: 5.7-inch (1440 x 2560 pixels) Quad HD Super LCD 5 display with Gorilla Glass 5 protection / Sapphire Glass (128GB version)
- Secondary Display: 2.0-inch (160 x 1040 pixels) 520 PPI Super LCD 5 display
- Processor: Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor (2×2.15 GHz Kryo and 2×1.6 GHz Kryo) with Adreno 530 GPU
- RAM & Storage: 4GB RAM, 64 internal storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat with HTC Sense UI
- SIM Slot: Hybrid dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- Rear Camera: 12MP (UltraPixel 2) camera with dual-tone LED flash, 1.55um pixels, f/1.8 aperture, Laser AF, OIS, 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 16MP camera with f/2.0 aperture, UltraPixel mode
- Audio Features: HTC USonic, HTC BoomSound Hi-Fi edition, 3D Audio recording with 4 microphones
- Connectivity Options: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 and GPS with GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- Dimensions: 162.41 x 79.79 x 3.6-7.99mm
- Weight: 170 grams
- Battery: 3,000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
- Color Options: Sapphire Blue, Cosmetic Pink, Brilliant Black and Ice White
Price And Availability
The HTC U Ultra comes with the price tag of Rs. 59,990 (MOP). The smartphone will be available from March 6 in Brilliant Black, Cosmetic Pink, and Sapphire Blue Black color options. It also comes with 1-year insurance that covers liquid damage and any physical damage to phones. You can also avail 7.5% cashback using Standard Charted Debit or credit card from March 6th to May 31st, 2017.