Huawei has announced it’s latest mid-range smartphone P8 Lite 2017. The smartphone is successor to the two-year-old P8 Lite which was released back in 2015. The Huawei P8 Lite 2017 features a 5.2-inch 1080p Full HD screen and is powered by an Octa-Core Kirin 655 A53 processor and Mali-T830MP2 GPU. It comes with 3GB of RAM on board, and 16GB internal storage with expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD. The phone runs on Android 7.0 Nougat with Huawei’s latest EMUI 5.0 on top.
The Huawei P8 Lite 2017features a glass body. It comes in single and Hybrid dual-SIM variants depending on the market and also has a 4GB RAM variant with 32GB internal storage for some markets. On the camera specifications, Huawei P8 Lite 2017 has a 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera. The phone packs a a non-removable 3,000 mAh battery and also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
Huawei P8 Lite specifications
- Display: 5.2-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display
- Processor: Octa-core Kirin 655 ( 4 x 2.1GHz + 4 x 1.7GHz) processor with Mali T830-MP2 GPU
- Memory: 3GB RAM with 16GB internal storage / 4GB RAM with 32GB internal storage , expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat with EMUI 5.0
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+ nano/microSD)
- Rear Camera: 12MP camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture
- Front Camera: 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, NFC
- Battery: 3000mAh built-in battery
- Colors: White, Gold, Black
Price and Availability
The Huawei P8 Lite (2017) smartphone comes with the price tag staring with 239 Euros (approx. US$ 254 / Rs. 17,500). The phone will be available in various EU markets by the end of January. Some reports also claim that Huawei P8 Lite (2017) might launch in Latin America as Huawei P9 Lite (2017) in Latin America as well.