Samsung has launched Samsung Galaxy J2 Ace which is part of the company’s ‘Make for India’ project and includes the Ultra Data Saving (UDS) Mode which provides up to 50 percent mobile data savings with data compression. The S bike mode with rider optimizations is also present. It has built around a 5″ qHD screen and has a 1.4GHz quad-core CPU and 1.5GB of RAM within the MediaTek MT6737T chipset. The Galaxy J2 Ace runs Android 6.0.
The back cover has a rugged finish that offers a better grip. It was introduced as Galaxy J2 Prime in some countries last year. The Galaxy J2 Ace sports an 8-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front. Both the back and front cameras feature f/2.2 aperture and LED flash. The handset comes with 8GB of inbuilt storage which is expandable via microSD card (up to 256GB). Connectivity options on the Galaxy J2 Ace include 4G LTE with VoLTE support, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, and USB 2.0. The handset is fitted with a 2600mAh battery pack. It also has 3.5mm audio jack and FM Radio.
Samsung Galaxy J2 Ace specifications
- Display: 5-inch (960 x 540 Pixels) PLS TFT display
- Processor: 1.4 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6737T processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- RAM & Storage: 1.5GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- SIM Slot: Dual SIM
- Rear Camera: 8MP autofocus rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 720p video recording
- Front Camera: 5MP front-facing camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture
- Connectivity Options: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Dimensions: 132.6 x 69.3 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 131g
- Battery: 2600mAh battery
- Color Options: Gold, Black, and Silver color options
Price And Availability
The Samsung Galaxy J2 Ace comes with the price tag of INR 8,490 (around $124) and it will be available in stores starting today.