Here’s are the Star Wars-themed mobile phones and we’re all getting jealous. SoftBank, the leading Japanese carrier has announced a new Star Wars mobile phone to mark the upcoming Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. These smartphones are made by Sharp and comes in two versions – Light side and Dark side editions – all you need to choose your side 🙂 !!
Naturally the Star Wars smartphones come equipped with Star Wars themes, live wallpapers that that turn its screen into the cockpit of an X-Wing or a Tie fighter cockpit. Star Wars-themed alarm clock app, ringtones and emojis are also included. It also comes with a Star Wars Movie Player app that lets you watch The Force Awakens for free.
The smartphones runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow and features a 5.3” IGZO display (1080p resolution). It is powered by a Snapdragon 820 chipset coupled with 3GB RAM and 32GB storage (plus a microSD slot). The phone comes with waterproof (IP58) certifications and packs inside a 3,000mAh battery.
Star Wars mobile phone specifications
- Display: 5.3-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) IGZO display
- Processor: Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- Memory: 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Rear Camera: 22.6 MP camera with LED flash
- Front Camera: 5MP camera
- Durability: Waterproof and Dustproof (IPX5, IPX8/IP5X certified)
- Dimensions: 73 × 149 × 7.6mm
- Weight: 155g
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFI 802.11 ac (2.4GHz, 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Battery: 3,000mAh battery
Pricing and Availability
The pre-orders for Star Wars Mobile phones start today, and the devices go on sale on December 2 in Japan. So if you want one (and are in Japan, obviously), you can pre-order it here. We Don’t know if the phone would launch globally in future, there is no such information yet.