Xiaomi has announced Mi 5c smartphone at an event in China. Xiaomi Mi 5c is the successor of Mi 4c that was introduced back in 2015. Also the Mi 5c is the first smartphone to be powered by Xiaomi’s own first in-house chipset named Surge S1 that was introduced in the same event. The Surge S1 is an octa-core 64-bit processor that runs up to 2.2GHz at max frequency. Xiaomi 5c is a dual-SIM phone with support for VoLTE. It runs on Android Nougat with MIUI 8 out of the box. There is also a fingerprint scanner on the front.
Xiaomi Mi 5c has a 5.15-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD curved glass display with 1.6mm ultra narrow bezels. It has a unibody metal design. The phone comes with 3 GB RAM and 64 GB internal storage. It features a 12-megapixel rear camera with 1.25 μm pixel size and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera. The phone packs a 2860mAh battery with support for 9V/2A fast charging. It will be available in three color options – Rose Gold, Gold and Black.
Xiaomi Mi 5c specifications
- Display: 5.15-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD curved glass display, 550 nits brightness, 1500: 1 contrast ratio
- Processor: 2.2GHz Xiaomi Surge S1 64-bit Octa-Core processor with quad-core Mali-T860 GPU
- Memory: 3GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB (eMMC 5.0) internal storage
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat with MIUI 8
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Rear Camera: 12-megapixel camera with LED flash, 1.25 μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, 6P lens 27-mm wide angle lens
- Front Camera: 8MP camera with f/2.0 aperture, 27 mm wide-angle lens
- Sensors: Fingerprint scanner, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 144.38 x 69.68 x7.09 mm
- Weight: 135g
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac dual-band, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB Type-C
- Other Features: 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio
- Battery: 2,860mAh built-in battery with fast charging
- Colors: Rose Gold (Pink), Gold and Black
Price and Availability
The Xiaomi 5c is priced at RMB 1,499 (approx. US$ 220 / Rs. 14500). It will go on sale in China starting from March 3rd.