Lenovo has announced it’s latest flagship smartphone ZUK Edge at an event in China. Lenovo ZUK Edge has slim bezels with with 86.4% screen-to-body ratio. It features a 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass. Lenovo claims 1500:1 contrast ratio and 85% NTSC color coverage. The phone comes in 2 memory variants – 4GB RAM and 6GB RAM model. The dual-SIM (Nano-SIM) Zuk Edge runs Android 7.0 Nougat with ZUI 2.5 on top.
ZUK Edge is powered by 2.35GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor Adreno 530 GPU. It comes with super fast 64GB of UFS 2.0 internal storage which is not expandable via microSD card. On the camera specifications, ZUK Edge has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and PDAF and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera. There’s also a U-Touch fingerprint sensor below the display which is capable of unlocking the device in 0.09 seconds. It also has a heart rate sensor on the back that can measure blood oxygen levels. The phone packs a 3,100mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0.
ZUK Edge specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display
- Processor: 2.35 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- Memory: 4GB/6GB RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat with ZUI 2.5
- Rear Camera: 13MP camera with LED Flash, PDAF, CAF, 1.34μm pixel size, Samsung ISOCELL sensor, f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera: 8MP camera, 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- SIM: dual-SIM (Nano-SIM)
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS
- Sensors: Fingerprint sensor, Heart rate sensor, UV sensor, Altimeter, Accelerometer, Ambient Light sensor, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, Proximity sensor
- Dimensions: 142.9×74.5×7.68 mm
- Weight: 160g
- Connectors: 3.5mm audio jack, USB Type-C (v3.1) port, Dirac HD Sound for Hi-Fi audio
- Battery: 3100mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
- Colors: Ceramic White, Titanium Black
Price and Availability
The ZUK Edge is priced at CNY 2,299 (approx. US$ 330 / Rs. 22,500) for the 4GB RAM variant, and CNY 2,499 (approx. US$ 360 / Rs. 24,500) for the 6GB RAM variant. It will go on sale from January 1 in China.