Xiaomi has announced it’s new phablet smartphone – Mi MIX with a bezel-less design along with the Mi Note 2 smartphone. The Xiaomi Mi MIX features a custom-made 6.4-inch (2040×1080 pixel), 17:9 aspect ratio display with whopping 91.3% screen-to-body ratio, that means a borderless beautiful display. The Mi MIX sports a – Full Ceramic Body Finishing – with Ceramic back cover, frame, and buttons, 8 MoHs hardness. It’s custom round-edge display offers more immersive, edgeless viewing experience. There is more physical keys in the front panel. There is only one significant bezel, and that is at the bottom, where you will also find the front speaker and camera.
On the other specifications front, the Xiaomi Mi MIX is powered by a 2.35GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor. The handset comes in two storage variants – 4GB RAM with 128GB of internal storage and 6GB RAM with 256GB internal storage. The 6GB RAM model also gets gold trim, with 18K gold accents on the camera lens. The phone also has a fingerprint sensor on the back and runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8 on top. It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, 4K video recording, PDAF and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera below the screen. The Mi MIX packs inside a 4,400mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging. The phone also has dual SIM connectivity.
Xiaomi MI MIX specifications
- Design: Full ceramic body: Ceramic back cover, frame, and side buttons, 8 MoHs hardness. Seamless connectors fuse Mi MIX’s body without any external adhesives, Ultrasonic proximity sensor hidden behind the display
- Display: 6.4-inch (2040 x 1080 pixels) edgeless display with 17: 9 aspect ratio, Ultra-high 91.3% screen-to-body ratio
- Dimensions: 158.8 x 81.9 mm x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 209 g
- Processor: 2.35GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- Memory: 4GB DDR4 RAM with 128GB internal (UFS 2.0) memory / 6GB DDR4 RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.0) internal memory
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Rear Camera: 16MP with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 5MP front-facing camera
- Sensor: Fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE , WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4/5 GHz) MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- Battery: 4400mAh with Quick Charge 3.0
- Colors: Black
Price and Availability
As already mentioned, the Xiaomi Mi MIX comes in two different storage variants – 4GB RAM with 128GB of internal storage and 6GB RAM with 256GB internal storage. The 6GB RAM model also gets gold trim, with 18K gold accents on the camera lens. The pricing details are as follow:
- Mi MIX 4GB RAM with 128GB storage – RMB 3499 (approx. US$ 516 / Rs. 34530)
- Mi MIX special edition with 6GB RAM and 256GB storage and 18k carat gold finish on the frame and rear camera and fingerprint sensor – RMB 3999 (approx. US$ 590 / Rs. 39,500)
Both variants come with a leather case. The Mi MIX is available for order in China and goes on sale starting from November 4th.