After many teasers, media invites are already out for the upcoming Lenovo’s launch event in Mumbai, where it would be announcing the Moto M smartphone for the Indian market. The event will take place on December 13. This is the first smartphone which is powered by MediaTek Helio P15 processor and introduced in November 2016 in China.
This smartphone has a 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED display and powered by 2.2 GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P15 processor with Mali T860MP2 GPU. It packs 4GB RAM and 32GB internal memory (expandable up to 128GB with microSD). It runs Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) operating system out of the box. It is a Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD) smartphone and also has a Fingerprint sensor on the back. As far as the camera is concerned, it has 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF and 8MP front-facing camera, 85-degree wide-angle lens. Connectivity options include 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C. It packs a 3050mAh battery with the Turbocharging feature.
Moto M Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED display
- Processor: 2.2 GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P15 processor with Mali T860MP2 GPU
- RAM & Storage: 4GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- SIM Slot: Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- Rear Camera: 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF
- Front Camera: 8MP front-facing camera, 85-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes
- Connectivity Options: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 151.35×75.35×7.85mm
- Battery: 3050mAh battery with Turbocharging
- Color Options: Gold and Silver color options.
Price And Availability
The Moto M comes in Gold and Silver color options. This smartphone was launched in China for 1999 CNY (US$ 294 / Rs. 19,860 approx.). We expect it to be around INR 17,999 in India while we will communicate the correct pricing information for India when it launches next Tuesday,December 13, 2016.