You cannot deny that the Galaxy S7 edge is a fantastic smartphone. It has already received many awards. Samsung Electronics today announced that the Galaxy S7 edge was recognized by the GSMA as the Best Smartphone in the Best Mobile Handsets and Devices category at the annual Global Mobile Awards at Mobile World Congress 2017. The Galaxy S7 edge is awarded for its refined design, advanced camera and outstanding performance.
We are honored to be recognized for our craftsmanship in design and innovation with the Galaxy S7 edge, this award is a testament to our constant pursuit of excellence as we continue to exceed consumers’ expectations through revolutionary mobile technology.
This award certainly makes a great year for the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge as it’s set to leave the stage for the upcoming Galaxy S8 smartphone. On March 29, Samsung is finally going to introduce the Galaxy S8 and the Galaxy S8 Plus. The company will certainly be hoping another big performer like the Galaxy S7 did.
Let’s recall the specifications of this device-
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) 534 PPI Super AMOLED always-on curved edge display
- Processor: Octa-Core Exynos 8 Octa 8890 (2.3GHz Quad + 1.6GHz Quad) processor
- RAM & Storage: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32/64/128GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 200GB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- SIM Slot: Hybrid SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Rear Camera: 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, Smart OIS
- Front Camera: 5MP front-facing camera, f/1.7 aperture
- Sensors: Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor, Barometer
- Dimensions: 150.9 x 72.6 x 7.7mm
- Weight: 157g
- Connectivity Options: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS with GLONASS, USB 2.0, NFC
- Battery: 3600mAh battery, Fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging